Monday, December 19, 2011

What should i do about my host family?

im an exchange student in rural southern portugal. its going well, except for the family part. my host family makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. they are nice people for the most part, but i dont feel like their lifestyle fits me. my host parents are almost seventy and they insist on doing every single thing together. im not trying to be difficult because i understand that its an exchange and i need to adapt as well, but how can i communicate to them that i want to be able to have a life and go out once in a while without being rude? they told me i couldnt leave the house except when they drive me to school. i feel so isolated and like im not learning anything about the actual culture. what should i do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment