Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Landlord/Tenant question?

We have lived in a rental property for about four weeks now. The house has had numerous issues since we have moved in, including lack of working plumbing, no working heat, no hot water, etc. We found out the landlord had lit the heater illegally as well, and we have been breathing in carbon monoxide from the cracked furnace. The city came by today and condemned the house until electrical, plumbing, and other work is completed and have declared the house unsafe to occupy. The landlord has now offered to let all 7 in my family stay in a two room apartment until the house is loivable again...but I have had enough and want out of my lease. Can I legally terminate my lease immediately? Do I have to give him notice? This is in Kansas by the way...any help is appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment