Monday, December 19, 2011

Infected Belly on Ring?

So I got my navel pierced 2 months ago and ever since it's been red around the top ball but I didn't start having problems with it until a couple weeks ago. I went to the doctor and got prescribed antibiotics (pill and cream). As soon as I finished the pills it started oozing again. I went to the doctor again today and got prescribed different antibiotics, but she warned me the jewelry itself may be the problem by not being entirely surgical steel. I'm not allergic to any metals, but I took it out. After only 6 hours it's already starting to close up again. I read in multiple places that the piercing should stay open to allow drainage.Should I keep the thoroughly cleaned jewelry in to allow drainage or would it be best to let it heal?

0 comments:

Post a Comment